|In a garden in springtime, some wonderful purple crocuses|
OK, so this is a render with a long sad history and not so happy end.
I started this months ago, but when rendering I saw that it would take more than 25 days. And there were bushes and trees floating in the air (I noticed after about 7 days of rendering). So I stopped and restarted. However, I first remade the trees and the bushes with less polygons to ‘speed it up’. Used instancing a lot (without too many problems). Then restarted rendering. Now, we had a power shortage for an hour or so (or longer) in the night and I did not notice. Of course, I forgot to save it just before rendering…. Restart again! Then, after another week of rendering or so: lightning strike in the neighborhood. Killed the sound of my TV and disrupted my computer as well. However, with a restart yet again it appeared to work well.
Finally able to finish the render (more than 10 days, I think) I notices (before the end) all the black and white dots. Tried to rerender parts at 256 passes, but that did not help. Conclusion: I give up on this one! The size of the file is almost 200 MB. The number of polygons is very big. I won’t do it again.
Found the deer here: tf3dm.com/3d-model/deer-94438.… (from Tomb Raider, it says)
Trees and bushes all made in Ngplant. Texturing and rendering (IBL, True ambience) in Bryce, of course.
Because of all the trouble with this one, you will see it posted at more than one site. Sorry for that.